9.25.2008

Humiliation

This post, for my own sake, will not contain any pictures... My cousin Hope and I had decided to meet in downtown New Bern for lunch today, which I was very excited about. We meet and ate lunch and everything was fantastic. Then after lunch we had both scheduled a hair appointment just around the corner. Once we got to the salon I decide to let Hope go first since she had some errands to run when she was done. I sat and waited for a while and thought about what I would tell the hair dresser, who I had never been to before, how I wanted my hair to be cut. Before I Knew it, it was my turn and I was in the chair. I briefly told the lady that I just wanted a trim, nothing to fantsy. At first things started out fine, I thought that she was doing a good job, but then again what do I know about cutting hair? But as things went on I started to get a little nervous...I think it is looking a little too short. Well, I was right, it was way too short. At this point I knew nothing could be done to save the hair cut. So I kindly told the lady that it looked fine and hurried my way to the counter to pay. I couldn't even look at myself in the mirror. Once outside I almost lost it. Now I have never cried over a hair cut before, but I must admit that today I did.
Side note- When Daren and I had gone out to Utah to visit his family his mom was nice enough to take me to get my hair cut. She took me to his cousin Val. Now usually I am pretty easy to please when it comes to hair cuts, i don't get too worked up about it. So Val did her thing and I absolutely LOVED it! Probably the best hair cut I have ever had. Thanks again Val if you see this!
Back to the story... I cried over my hair cut today because the last one I had was so amazing and well now I don't even want to look at myself in the mirror. I know in the grand scheme of things this really means nothing but I don't have to much else going on in my life currently, so bear with me! In a few weeks it will hopefully grow out some and look a little better. I guess I might just have to wait till I can get back to Utah for a real hair cut.

6 comments:

Kacey said...

I feel your pain...I've had SO many too short=bad haircuts that I've cried over. I'm sure it still looks cute though!!

Scadillac said...

Don't worrie babe it will grow back. I love you even if you have short hair.

Shae said...

I love ya too babe! Besides, you are so pretty you'd look good bald. So Perry and I decided to go to Utah for Thanksgiving. You know that you are invited too- no pressure though. Although after your last flight home I'd understand if you just want to avoid airports and such for a while.

Lindsy said...

Ya I agree, Val gives a mean haircut. No worries though, Shae is right!

Val said...

You should post pics, I bet you look great with short hair! I'm glad that you liked your hair when you were here. Just let me know if you plan to take a special trip to Utah for a haircut. We would love for you to come out!!

Leslierush said...

Bad haircuts are the WORST! i've learned from experience though to just give it a couple weeks. Just remember...it WILL grow.