1.22.2009

It's Just A Little Snow

The last two days in Eastern North Carolina have been interesting to say the least. All day Monday the only thing on the news was the big saga of the snow that was to come the following day. Well, I guess in this state as soon as one weather man says "snow" everything begins to shut down. By Monday evening (before one flurry had even been detected) half of the town was closed for the next day. Since I work at the only place that never shuts down (the hospital) once Tuesday came I went to work and at that point there was still no snow to be seen. Around lunch time is when the hysteria began...













Yes folks maybe an inch of snow and the town is completely shut down. Now at this point everyone begins to worry about how they will get home, (for real, I am not making this stuff up). And it is at this point that cancellations and closings begin for the NEXT day... So all in all we got about 2 inches of snow and the town was basically closed for 2 whole days.
I was at work when I snuck these picures... nothing too exciting to photograph there.



2 comments:

Scadillac said...

I miss the snow. I can't wait to take you to Utah where I can show what real snow is. I'll also show what fun throwing snow balls can be. Leslie knows :) I love you babe and will talk to you soon

Sherri said...

Aren't they funny in the south? They all have guns and ball caps, but a little snow just sends them into hiding! lol Here they just beg the drivers to slow down a little bit. Didn't anyone build a snowman there? Next time tell them they are for target practice and someone will help you for sure! Stay warm!